Lilo & Stitch is a 2002 American animated science fiction/family film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released on June 21, 2002. Some interesting facts about Lilo and Stitch:
- 1. Disney’s used watercolor in Lilo and Stitch. Watercolor was last used in Dumbo(1941)
- 2.The song: He Mele No Lilo is a song that is based off the song Mele Inoa Kalakaua which dedicated to King Kalakaua and Queen Lili’okalani of Hawai’i during the 19th Century. The Kamehameha School declined to translate the story because Mark Ho’omalu states that if he were to post the official translation, that people would interpret it differently and destroy its symbolic meaning. The song is a mourning song for King Kalakaua.
- 3.Nani Pelekai and David Kawena are played by natives of Hawai’i(Tia Carrere and Jason Scott Lee)
- 4. There was plans to include an airplane scene where Stitch takes a plane, but that has changed since 9/11. Hope for this scene in the DVD release on December 3, 2002.
- 5. Lilo means “Generous One” and the last name, Pelekai means “Pele – Goddess of fire, kai – Sea”. So the full name means “generous one of the fire and the sea:
- 6. Nani means “Pretty, Beautiful” so Nani Pelekai means “Beautiful Goddess of the fire and the sea”
- 7. In the Scene where Lilo slams the door, “Kapu” means keep out, off limits, traditional culture of Hawai’i”
- 8. Lilo and Stitch was one of the second most irrestible movies to see(since the Lion King)
- 9. The four movies that Stitch appears in the teasers are: The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin”
- 10. Aloha ‘oe was written by the queen Liliu’okalani of Hawai`i in the 19th Century. Go to Liam Selwyn’s Website at this URL to download a free copy Liam Selwyn – Aloha ‘Oe
- 11.Kalakaua means “The Day of Battle”.
- 12. The DVD version will have a part on it where a person can learn to hula dance.
- 13. There will also be a part on it where you are able to do something with stitch.
- 14. The A-Teens song will also be on the DVD as a sing along
- 15. King Kalakaua was born on November 16, 1836
- 15. Stitch also makes his appearance in several movies Prior to Lilo and Stitch(teasers to the origin of stitch): Snow White and the 7 dwarves, Lady and The Tramp, Mulan, Pinocchoi
Lilo and Stitch is a beautiful Disney cartoon. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Lilo and Stitch wallpapers. Download below a high quality Lilo and Stitch wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.