Winnie-the-Pooh, also called Pooh Bear, is a fictional anthropomorphic bear created by A. A. Milne. Some interesting facts about Winnie The Pooh:
- After Slesinger’s death in 1953, his wife, Shirley Slesinger Lasswell, continued developing the character herself. In 1961, she licensed rights to Walt Disney Productions in exchange for royalties in the first of two agreements between Stephen Slesinger, Inc. and Disney. The same year, A. A. Milne’s widow, Daphne Milne, also licensed certain rights, including motion picture rights, to Disney.
- The first Winnie the Pooh story was in the London Evening News on Christmas Eve in 1925.
- The first Winnie the Pooh book, titled Winnie the Pooh, was published October 1926.
- Winnie the Pooh and all his friends are based on stuffed toys that belonged to Milne’s son, Christopher Robin. The toys the inspired the books are now housed at the New York Public Library.
- Eeyore was a 25″ stuffed animal given to Christopher one Christmas. Over time, the toy lost some stuffing in his neck causing his head to droop, which was the inspiration for the melancholy character.
- Pooh was purchased at Harrod’s department store in London and given to Christopher on his first birthday. He was called Edward (the British proper form of Teddy) Bear at the time.
- Winnie-the-Pooh was named after a Canadian bear that Milne’s son had seen at London Zoo (Winnie) and a swan near the family’s country home (Pooh).
- Winnie the Pooh is also called Pooh, or Pooh Bear, but never, ever, just Winnie.
Winnie The Pooh is a beautiful Disney cartoon. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Winnie The Pooh wallpapers. Download below a high quality Winnie The Pooh wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.